Spring cleaning, online edition
If you haven't considered a spring cleaning for your social media accounts, here are a few things you can do to keep your profile fresh, current, and up-to-date.
- Unfollow accounts that don't inspire you. The type of media we consume can make our break or mood.
- Mute accounts that don't make you feel 100%. That's right, you don't have to necessarily unfollow, you can just mute and unmute stories and posts from accounts that drain you. For stories, tap on the three dots (...) at the top right of the account's story and tap mute.
- Back up, save, and delete old photo files. As someone who currently has 29,671 photos on my phone right now... this is something I wish I did more often. If it seems too overwhelming, there's an app I've used in the past to help with photo clean up. It's literally called, "Cleanup."
- Update your account bios. Make sure everything is accurate and reflective of who you are, who you serve, and what you have to offer. You have 7 seconds to make a first impression. Make it a good one.
- Refresh your IG Story highlights. You can easily create highlights on Canva or hire a pro like @aelopaws to create something unique to your brand.
- Remove spam followers and connections. I do this every few weeks. On Instagram, tap followers, tap least interacted with, and go to town!
- Secure your accounts. As annoying as it is, you should set up your two-factor authentication and changing your passwords at least every once in a while. Another the thing to consider: Make sure you're are set up with a Facebook Business Account via business.facebook.com. I've seen far too many accounts get hacked this way. Someone will claim they own their business, set up a business account, and completely take over Facebook/Instagram accounts. These hackers are getting sneakier and sneakier.
Which one of these things will you be doing first?