LinkedIn is where business decision-makers live and powerful connections can be made. But, it's often a conundrum to most.
Have you ever spent hours drafting an article for LinkedIn only to hear crickets after you click publish? Zero engagement is everyone's nightmare.
It's an all-too-common story for entrepreneurs trying to grow their brand on LinkedIn. It doesn't have to be this way. I promise.
Here are 5 ways to get thousands of views on that LinkedIn content you worked so hard on:
- Long-form status updates: Instead of publishing as an article, consider typing it out as a long-form post. Status updates have a limit of 1,300 character (250-300 words) and statistically garner more exposure than articles.
- Grab their attention with a hook: The first sentence of your post should be captivating. The first one or two sentences of your post are the first words your audience will so. Make them count.
- White space is your friend: Write one to two sentence paragraphs. Short paragraphs keep readers engaged.
- No links in your update: Save your links for the first comment of your post. Your content is more likely to be seen if your original post isn't leading people away from LinkedIn.
- Reply to ever comment on your post: No matter the platform, the name of the game is engagement. No need to get wordy, but make sure you're engaging with your commenters. The more you engage the more visibility your post will garner.
LinkedIn is no longer a placeholder for your digital resume. It's a place to connect with other business leaders and establish yourself as the expert we all know you are.
Visibility leads to opportunity. Make sure you're implementing the strategies you need to be seen.